Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Light Displays

There's Christmas light displays happening again this year at both Cumberland Bowl Park in Jonesville and Leeman Field in Pennington Gap. One year not too long ago, my kids toured the light display at Bristol Motor Speedway and the light display at Cumberland Bowl Park in Jonesville. They both liked the Cumberland Bowl Park display better than the one at the big race track in Bristol! We all enjoyed the refreshments at the senior center. Can't beat those cookies and warm cider in such a warm hometown friendly environment.

Here's a few details -

Lights in the Park Christmas display will open in Cumberland Bowl Park in Jonesville on December 4th at 6PM, and will coincide with the Jonesville Christmas Parade at 6PM. The display will continue through December 31st, opening 6-9PM Sundays through Thursdays, and 6-10PM Fridays and Saturdays. Refreshments (including hot chocolate, coffee, and warm apple cider) will be served each night in the Senior Citizens building.

The 10th Annual Leeman Christmas Fantasy light display in Pennington Gap includes more than 200 display groups. Gates open at 6PM each evening between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. Gates close at 9:30PM Sundays through Thursdays and at 10PM on Fridays and Saturdays. A brighter-than-ever ball will be dropped at the stroke of New Year in Leeman Field this year.

The Rose Hill Christmas lights are up. I like those snowflakes. If I can get a decent photo of them (I'm not too good at night-time photos), I'll post it on the blog. It's snowed more than once this year already. Been down to 19 degrees at night some already. The snowflakes are shining brightly downtown. In Rose Hill, it's beginning to look alot like Christmas.

Now on to Ewing, where they've got that Christmas tree farm running (you pick one and they cut it fresh for you). That's always a fun little adventure. Seems like the trees look little when they're out in the field, but as soon as you bring it through the front door, suddenly, it's a HUGE tree!
Joan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I realize this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established blog like yours take a large amount of work?

I'm completely new to running a blog however I do write in my journal daily. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and views online.
Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for
brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!
Feel free to visit my blog : bootszubehor online

Anonymous said...

off white outlet
golden goose
kyrie shoes
off white outlet
supreme clothing
kyrie irving shoes
GGDB
supreme t shirt
kobe shoes
supreme clothing